Telstra says outage affecting 4G and NBN customers across Australia has been resolved

Telstra says outage affecting 4G and NBN customers across Australia has been resolved

Telstra says its 4G mobile network is now back online after a nationwide issue prevented thousands of customers from making or receiving calls.

“Telstra has resolved an issue impacting some 4G voice calls on its national mobile network. We are sorry that some customers were unable to make or receive calls as this was occurring,” a spokesperson said in a statement.

“The issue was caused by technical changes made ahead of upgrades to mobile traffic control equipment in Telstra’s Exhibition Street exchange in Melbourne.

“The issue was progressively resolved by reversing the changes. The issue became known about 1:00pm and was resolved about 3:00pm.”

For several hours, customers across Australia had been reporting they could not make or receive calls on the 4G network.

The company said it was, “looking into an issue impacting some 4G and NBN voice calls” but the 3G network was apparently unaffected.

For more detailed information regarding the outage, please see. www.abc.net.au

Skills

Posted on

May 2, 2018